Talk with any employer who wants to elevate their industry in a competitive market, and they will tell you that virtual networking is an integral part of their business model. Not only does networking help employees advance careers, but it can also affect business relationships. In a recent networking finding, executives stated that they would lose 28 percent of their business if they stop networking.
Additional networking findings by Zippia show that 70 percent of small U.S. business owners network online. Remaining ahead of the competition with innovative solutions is essential. In this article, we will break down the benefits of virtual networking and provide you with strategic ideas to empower your hybrid communication.
Benefits of Virtual Networking
It is no secret that in-person networking events hold significant advantages over virtual attendance. Communication is personal, technical challenges are non-existent, and you can facilitate natural relationships. That said, virtual networking events do provide some advantages. Here is a sample of those benefits:
- No traveling expenses: No surprise here. Traveling for in-person conferences can result in large expenses. You have to account for flight booking, hotel reservations, venues, and meals. Virtual networking can eliminate unnecessary expenditures. As a guest, all you need is a functioning laptop with a microphone and a camera.
- Reduces operating costs: With virtualization technology, you can automate IT and maintenance tasks. This means you don’t have to spend most of your IT dollars on maintenance or network administrators.
- Increases your attendance: Hosting a remote networking event means there’s no limit when it involves location, time, or attendance. You can connect with clients and candidates across the globe, thus expanding your reach and establishing a wide range of personnel.
- More comfortable: Despite working in highly engaging settings, some business employees still struggle with in-person gatherings. Virtual networking allows you to operate under your conditions while still engaging with others. While your host establishes event regulations, you decide your comfort level.
- Safer gatherings: While the world enters the post-pandemic era, the changes brought on by COVID-19 remain relevant. One of those changes is the heightened sense of awareness of diseases and infections. Virtual networking events can mitigate those concerns.
Effective Virtual Networking Strategies
The question remains: How do you host effective virtual networking events that result in better communication, enhanced relationships, and business growth? Here are seven strategies you should follow:
- Establish proper goals
Goal-setting is the foundation of successful gatherings. Examine your objectives. Are you seeking new clients for your business? Maybe you want to invite guest speakers who can provide meaningful insight into a specific career. Whatever your goals are, implement them into the design of your event so you can conduct an effective virtual gathering.
- Select the right platform
The right platform should allow you to provide your guests with a seamless virtual experience that replicates an in-person gathering. Your platform should have multiple streaming features, enhanced audio systems, and customizable rooms. Lucky for you, our Preciate Social Presence platform offers all these features.
Our interactive platform allows for natural movement and spontaneous conversations. Now you can refine employee engagement and produce better business results.
- Recruit and train speakers
Spend some time going over your list of potential speakers. Since the point is to create an effective virtual gathering that can lead to better business outcomes, your speakers should be knowledgeable, educated, and persuasive. Additionally, they should also know how to communicate with both an in-person and a virtual audience.
- Include icebreakers
The purpose of an icebreaker is to encourage interactions and help guests get to know each other. Not only that, but they can also lighten the mood and create stronger employee bonds. Some classic games include Two Truths & a Lie and Quick Questions.
- Establish breakout rooms
While having a guest speaker is common for networking gatherings, you should avoid making your events just about them. Instead, schedule breakout sessions so your guests can become active participants in the gathering. Topics can include retention strategies, sales objectives, and professional growth opportunities.
- Assign mentors
For employees, the purpose of networking is to establish professional connections that can foster career development. As the host, you can pair experienced professionals with your employees. This way, they can gain valuable insights and tips for taking the next step in their professional lives.
- Plan for technical difficulties
Technical difficulties are incredibly frustrating, to say the least. The last thing you need is a broken system with audio difficulties or low-bandwidth streaming concerns. To avoid these problems, test your equipment beforehand. With our Preciate business plan, you receive live event and onboarding support, so you’ll never have to navigate these concerns alone.
Network with Preciate
When done efficiently, virtual networking can lead to new opportunities, enhance career development, and lead to professional growth. Preciate wants to help you innovate your networking strategies. Alleviate your concerns about our platform by requesting a demo from us. It’s simple, fast, and has a money-back guarantee offer.
Contact us if you have any questions.
- Best Practices & Guides 23
- Company Culture 27
- Employee Appreciation 9
- Employee Engagement 38
- Employee Happiness 18
- Employee Health 10
- Employee Motivation 14
- Employee Recognition 18
- Events & Webinars 9
- Future of Work 35
- Human Behavior 10
- Leadership 12
- New Release 1
- Positive Emotional Culture 13
- Preciate 12
- Relationships 15
- Remote Working 46
- Teamwork 11
- Virtual Socialization 31
- Workplace 17
- Workplace Relationships 21